Return to blogging?

As has been the general theme of my vapid last few posts, here I am, looking to blog again, to see if it will do any good. Lets start with an update based on the big milestones I kept missing in my previous posts.

It is five years since my previous post, where I was a very naive 25 year old. Yes, I'm in my thirties now. Maturing like a fine wine I hope, but more likely like a piece of cheddar that dropped under the fridge.

Back then I was 'still' living at home. I did not know back then that it would be another five years. Last year however, in May I bought my own home. Yes that's right, I'm a homeowner. The years of saving paid off. 

I escaped the bully from the old marketing company and after a brief time working in Oxford, I have settled into a SaaS company where the last three years have blown by. I chop and change as to whether there is the right level of opportunity for me there, but I have a good support network there and I am doing something I enjoy; Continuous Improvement. It's not quite Film Production, but it flexes those project management skills that can be transferred.

Quite sadly, and maybe pathetically, I have not had a relationship since the one I mentioned five years ago. Perhaps something inside me is broken, perhaps I'm just too ugly. There was a bit of something over the course of the last year but it became apparent I was being played and used more than anything else.

In my last blog post I mentioned by bisexuality wasn't cured. Well actually the symptoms have worsened. I now identify as Pansexual. For those who don't know, it means I'm sexually attracted to all genders because yes, there are more than two.


So back to being single, in desperate need of a new job and a home of my own. I guess we could say I have the world at my feet. It's a shame that the depression is still so severely attacking my mind. It's still there, counselling begins next week.

 

The last time it ended on a negative note. Yes I'm still single, but I am not currently desperate for a new job, and I have achieved the feat of getting a home of my own. Perhaps the world is still at my feet. Who know these days? The depression still comes and goes, and I am probably due more counselling, but overall, there are plenty more good moments than bad, and nothing I can't overcome.

Hopefully it won't be another 5 years until the next post, hopefully in 24 hours time I can blog about my experience with COVID-19, which I am at the tail end of, and this blog can once again substitute therapy.

Until then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Place in the hospital - Day 18

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Season Finale - Day 24