Hotel Review: The Ibis Styles Hotel @ The London Excel


Last weekend, I went on a trip to London with my sister Dani and stayed at the Ibis Styles hotel opposite the London Excel. 

Now I know that things are more expensive in the capital but I didn't expect such bad value for money like this place. around £90 per night, what you get is a tiny cubicle of a bathroom with a shower you can barely move in without being attacked by the shower curtain, and a toilet with no brush for when you may want to clean something yourself!

The bedroom was nice, the basic that I expected. Unfortunately the bedding had a rip in it but it was at least clean. Noise was minimal apart from a bloody annoying flag outside (and a snoring sister), but the most annoying thing was the wi-fi cutting out every so often.

Overall the staff were nice, apart from one rude lady who was particularly unhelpful when I asked if the Cafe was going to be open that day (it wasn't) but the pub staff were particularly nice and the food there was really good value for money, especially with a taste card.

I wouldn't recommend the place but I also wouldn't stop people going there. It should be about half that prince, it's definitely not better than a travelodge or other budget hotels.

Sleep Quality: 7/10
Room/Facilities: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Value: 4/10
Cleanliness: 5/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Place in the hospital - Day 18

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Season Finale - Day 24