My Most Anticipated Films: May 2014

Really starting to get into the summer blockbusters this month! Here's my top 3 most anticipated films of May 2014:

Pompeii



What is it about? A slave-turned-gladiator finds himself in a race against time to save his true love, who has been betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator. As Mount Vesuvius erupts, he must fight to save his beloved as Pompeii crumbles around him.
When is it released? Friday 2nd May
Why I'm looking forward to it? This film has so many things going for it; a major spectacle, a tragic love story (that may not have been successfully revealed through the marketing) and based on a historical event that has always interested me. I am hoping there is an equal blend of romance, disaster and action in this to be a success. It unfortunately flopped in the USA grossing just $23million, and performed even worse in Italy, but I'm hoping that is just bad release dates.

Bad Neighbours





What is it about? A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house.
When is it released? Saturday 3rd May
Why I'm looking forward to it? I don't usually get too excited for many comedy films, but this one looks a blast. A great concept, and what looks to be some hilarious pranks from Zac Efron, who looks buff as and is really stepping out of his Disney roots, and even Seth Rogen, who I'm not usually that much of a fan but does seam quite funny in this. 

Maleficent



What is it about? "Maleficent," the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty," reveals the events that hardened Maleficent's heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora.
When is it released? Wednesday 28th May
Why I'm looking forward to it? I am a Disney freak, I always will be. This is by far my most anticipated of the month. With what looks like is going to shape up as some incredible acting from Angelina Jolie, and an impressive and mysterious story to boot, I hope it doesn't end up following the immediate success that me the 1959 animated classic. It'll probably be compared to both Alice In Wonderland and Oz: The Great And Powerful, but these great retellings from Disney are recognised for a reason, and this one should be the same.

Other films that didn't make the top 3 but I am still looking forward to include Godzilla, X-Men: Days Of Future Past & Tarzan 3D.


Release dates gathered from Launching Films

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Place in the hospital - Day 18

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Season Finale - Day 24