Reviewed: New Years Resolutions 2015

Usually I'd have posted this on the 31st December, but I completely forgot, I've been neglecting this blog and I shouldn't be. With 2 completed in 2012, and 3 in 2014, I'm hoping I have completed 4 for 2015 to continue this upward trend, because even then that's only 25% of my NYR.

1. Complete the Second Draft of Jack Union: Ab Initio - FAILED!

2015 is probably one of the year's I've worked the most on Jack Union. After a becoming friends with Lauren, who worked with us at the beginning of the year and likes to edit books, I had a huge spurt of motivation and inspiration. Finally someone to talk storylines with, specific passages character development. However, it was not enough to finish the second draft. I have approx. 30 pages left to edit for 2016.

2. Keep fit, go to the gym and maintain a healthy weight between 11st 3lb & 11st 6lb - FAILED!

Another failure, but perhaps not as much as I think. Really, at 6' 1" 11st 3lb is not really the best goal weight to go for. I started the Slimming world diet towards the end of this year (and it went on hiatus for Christmas) and I lost just over a stone, down to 12st 8lb, and that feels like there shouldn't be too much more to lose. As for the gym, I went more than most years, and I'm still signed up for PureGym, but as Zoe gave up with the gym, so did I. It didn't help that we aimed to go 3 times a week, perhaps a bit too much these days.

3. Keep on target with my savings - SUCCESS!

Not only have I kept on target with my savings, but blown them out the park. I have reached my savings target and will keep going.

4. Get Some Work Experience on Downton Abbey - FAILED!

Not only have I failed this, but now I will never get the opportunity since they ended production.

5. See more of my friends - SUCCESS!

I'm going to say this is a success. Not as much as I'd like and there's still a long way to go but a major improvement on previous years. In 2015 I managed to catch up with several friends from uni, spent a lot more time with Abbie and Zoe, and am hoping to see more friends in the upcoming year.

6. Learn Basic Spanish - FAILED!

2015 I reduced my language goals to just the one, but still then I never found the time for it. I bought my Mum a Spanish course for her 2014 challenge, so there is no excuse not to stick this back on and complete it.

7. Learn to Dance - SUCCESS!

This is probably the goal I never thought I'd even try to be honest. But, after a conversation of Zoe saying she was going to learn Spanish, I piped up that I always wanted to learn to dance, to which Zoe replied that she did too. Before we knew it, we started an 8 week beginners course at the County School of Dancing, and now we're learning the Waltz, Social Foxtrot, Cha Cha Cha, Jive, & Quickstep. I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying it and we're going to continue through 2016.

8. Produce, Film & Release a short film - FAILED!

Again, my dream of being a filmmaker has somehow fallen by the wayside for work and on call, and other things. It's a shame, because I loved it so much, so I'm going to push myself in 2016. I think the problem lies in my nerves, it's becoming a bigger and more stranger deal. Just get back into it you bastard.

9. Go on a Holiday - FAILED!

Again, I have not left the UK. But 2016 will change that, Jordan is already booked!

10. Cross at least 10 things off of my bucket list - FAILED!

This year I completed;

22. Visit Highclere Castle
101. Shoot a gun
250. See the Mousetrap in the West End
256. See Thriller Live!
518. Visit Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese
527. Visit the Tate Modern
531. Visit the Trafalgar Square Police Station
882. Be Someone's Best Man

Unfortunately that's only 8. But still more than I expected. 


11. Put myself out there more, spend less time in my comfort zone - FAILED!

There are far too many examples of times when I did not do this to say that I succeeded.


12. Stay positive, be the best, and play harder - SUCCESS!

I definitely have been positive all year, even at times when it's felt my depression is nearing it's way back.



     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1826981914995600"
     data-ad-slot="7208157379"
     data-ad-format="auto">



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Place in the hospital - Day 18

30 Day Grey's Anatomy Challenge: Favourite Season Finale - Day 24